The popularity of mobile apps only keeps on growing. Modern consumers these days are constantly looking for services that can make their lives easier. They’ve also come to expect progressively advancing features and functions from their mobile devices. This means that users aren’t just expecting to do basic tasks on their phones; they also want to have better access to useful business information and interact with their preferred brands with ease.
Businesses have also seen the value in investing in technology that’ll allow them to serve their customers better. One of the best ways this is done is through the use of mobile apps to generate more customers and retain current clients. Mobile apps have the potential to help businesses succeed in several ways:
- Visibility: Most consumers prefer to use their mobile phones when they’re looking for business providers online. This means there are more potential customers in the mobile user audience group.
- Credibility: Consumers find online businesses that have mobile app versions more legitimate and credible than companies that don’t have one.
- Reliability: More users prefer to be able to access real-time information and connect with business providers 24/7, especially their customer services.
How To Engage And Retain Your Brand’s Mobile App Users
Creating a mobile app, however, isn’t enough to keep your customers loyal to your brand. You should implement strategies that will promote engagement and retention for mobile app users. Whether you’re a small business or an established company, these tips will help you maximize the benefits of having a mobile app.
Create Relevant And Useful Content
If you want to engage your customers through a mobile app, make sure that you’re providing clear and relevant content. When users browse through your app, your content should offer information that’s useful to your typical customer profile. It should also be consistent with the content found on your web version.
Gather Customer Feedback And Insights
To improve the retention rate of mobile app users, it all comes down to delivering the experience your customers want and need. You may think that your app has everything that your clients will need but it’s best to be open to suggestions and feedback. So, how can you gather user insights for your mobile app?
- Ask for feedback: Sometimes the best way to gather ideas for improvement is to simply ask for them. Make customers aware that their suggestions matter when you collect feature requests. The app should make it easy for users to rate your service, and allow them to input valuable recommendations that you can use for improvement.
- Create a community: Why not hit two birds with one stone? It’s possible to increase customer engagement through the creation of a community within the app. You can encourage users to use the app to participate in discussions with other community members. This is a great way to generate publicity for your app while also ensuring that you maintain a positive user engagement.
Ensure Ease Of Use
Companies go through a lot of trouble to find out how they can retain their mobile app users. Some don’t realize that one of the best ways to do this is to simply make the application easy to navigate. A user-friendly interface that enhances user experience not only increases customer satisfaction but also encourages customers to continue using the app longer.
Satisfaction is an important part of engaging with customers and keeping them coming back. If a user isn’t completely satisfied with the functionality of your app, they’ll end up uninstalling it. On the contrary, when customers find it easy to use your app, the more often they’ll use it.
Another way to engage and retain mobile app users is to offer incentives. This may involve offering free content downloads, free memberships to your exclusive community, discounts, and other privileges. When users enjoy the incentives you offer, they’re more likely to return to your app.
In addition, your app should allow customers to easily share your content online through various social media outlets. This not only increases customer retention and engagement, but you’ll also increase your market reach when mobile app users share their favorite content from your app with their social media connections.
There’s no denying that we’re living in the age of technology. With more people being able to access the Internet using their cellphones, it has become an increasingly challenging task for companies to convince people to continue using their mobile apps when competitors also have similar applications.
You can maximize your mobile app by implementing customer engagement strategies that will help deliver your marketing messages successfully. When a mobile app works well, contains valuable and relevant information, and incentivizes customers, retention will eventually be enhanced and your business positively impacted.