Outlook is the most popular email client, but it’s lots of tools, integrations, and add. It generates an error, “Outlook running slow in Windows 10.” It becomes irritating for users when this happens. And they ask questions like Why Does Outlook Keep Asking For My Password on several forums. So we will help you to find out the reason behind that and the solution with the help of this article.
Reasons Behind the Outlook running slow in Windows 10
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most likeable email clients that can store a big amount of data. This data is used to slow Outlook’s processing speed. When we submit new emails, This process takes too much time to restart again. Users have to wait for it, but it becomes a slow process. That’s the reason users want to fix this issue to increase their Outlook performance.
Now, let’s know the solutions for it.
Methods to Fix “Outlook Running Slow”
There are some methods that you can follow as::
Method 1: You should Always open Outlook in Safe Mode
If you open Outlook, make sure to open it in safe mode. Because Outlook will allow only necessary components to operate and perform their tasks. Open Outlook in safe mode follow below steps are:
- Firstly, Press the ‘Win + R’ keys to open the run prompt.
- After that Enter ‘outlook /safe’ in >>enter.
- Finally, Your Outlook application will be open in safe mode.
Then, you’ll open your emails faster, and send and receive emails very fast.
Method 2: Disable all RSS Feeds
Its important parameter is the RSS Feeds that slow down your Outlook speed. So, it is very important to disable it. To speed up your Outlook performance. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, go to the File>> Options >> Advanced option.
- Then, Search RSS Feeds icon then>> within the RSS feed area you will see some checkboxes, then uncheck all of them.
This process will help you disable RSS feeds and will boost your Outlook speed.
Method 3: Archive previous Emails
If you have lots of emails in your main folder, it can create an overload on the Outlook application. In this case, you don’t need these emails, try to archive these emails to decrease the load from Outlook. Follow the given steps are:
- Firstly, launch the Outlook 2016 application.
- Now click on the File>>Options>>Advanced>>AutoArchive Settings.
- Then, click on the checkbox and next to Run AutoArchive every (X) day.
- Next, press the up or down arrows if you want AutoArchive to run.
- Finally, Click on the OK button.
Method 4: Update Windows
Windows update also solves the slowdown problem. You can follow the below steps to update your Windows:
- First off, press Windows Key.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click Update & Security >>Windows Update tab.
- Finally, click on Check for Updates.
Method 5: Repair the Outlook Profile
Outlook is running slow in Windows 10, because of some corruption in the Outlook profile such as Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile. So, repair it immediately with the Control Panel. Follow the below steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Choose Mail
- Click on Email Accounts
- Go to Email in the Account Settings dialog box
- Then Click on Repair and follow any prompts from the repair wizard
- Click on the Finish.
- After successful completion, Restart your Outlook
You can copy the existing Outlook profile and check it, open or not:
- Firstly, open Control Panel
- Choose Mail
- Click Show Profiles>>Copy
- Change the profile name.
- After that the drop-down box “Always use this profile” radio button, to select your new profile,
- Click on the OK.
- Restart your Outlook.
Method 6: Update Outlook application with Service Packs
At this time Many users are not updating Outlook with the latest Service Packs that are also available on their system. It is necessary to update your system otherwise this slows down its performance. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, go to the File tab >>Office Account
- After That go to Expand Office Updates >> Click on the Update Now.
These are the solutions that you can implement your outlook manually.
In this article, we have provided you with all the information about Outlook running slow in windows 10. We have discussed all the reasons behind this issue, and solutions to this issue have also been provided here. I Hope, You will fix your Outlook slow performance issue with the help of this guide.
Thanks for reading.