Steven Frederic Seagal is a well-known American actor, producer, screenplay writer, songwriter, musician, and martial artist. We will know about Steven Seagal Net Worth and more about his life. In his combined life of acting, film producing, and martial arts he gained a lot of popularity among his fans and is regarded as one of the greatest action actors of all time.
How much is Steven Seagal Net Worth?
A famous Spanish newspaper and magazine reported that as of 2023, Steven Seagal net worth stands at a whopping $16 million. He owes this net worth to his long and diverse career in martial arts, acting, direction, production, and music. He also amassed this wealth by partnering with multiple brands and having numerous investments across different businesses.
Steven Seagal Biography
Steven Seagal is a 7th dan black belt in aikido, a form of martial arts. When Seagal was 5 years old, his family moved to Fullerton, California. From then on, Seagal studied at Buena Park High School, Buena Park, and attended Fullerton College from 1970 to 1971.
He started his early adult life by making his living as a martial arts instructor in Japan. After being in Japan for a long time, working at his father-in-law’s dojo or martial arts training center, he moved to Los Angeles and continued his living as a martial arts instructor.
However, he made a drastic change in his career and chose acting as his full-time profession. In 1988, he made his professional acting debut in a film called Above the Law. Within the next three years, he starred in four more films.
Steven Seagal Work and Carrer
From there on, Steven Seagal featured in multiple films and shows including
- Under Seige (1992) where he played the role of Navy SEAL counter-terrorist expert by the name of Casey Ryback
- The Patriot (1998)
- Steven Seagal: Lawman (2009) where he featured as a reserve deputy sheriff
- Hard to Kill (1990)
- Marked for Death (1990)
- Machete (2010)
- Executive Decision (1996)
- Out for Justice (1991).
Seagal also starred and directed a few films including
- On Deadly Ground (1994)
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995), the sequel of Under Siege
As he left the acting scene eventually, he was regarded as one of the best action stars of his era. He quickly became a fan favorite with his stunts.
As mentioned before, Steven Seagal is also a screenwriter and producer and the roster for his written and produced films includes
- The Keeper
- Pistol Whipped
- Beyond the Law
- Against the Dark
- Black Dawn
- Born to Raise Hell
- Urban Justice
- A Dangerous Man
- Kill Switch
- Belly of the Beast
- Driven to Kill
- Out of Reach, and many more.
Since his debut in the entertainment industry and his profession of acting, producing, and directing, he has not looked back much on his past life of martial arts.
Steven Seagal has also released a couple of music albums with his debut album being Songs from the Crystal Cave in 2005 and the other being Mojo Priest in 2006. Surprisingly, Steven Seagal worked with two of the most popular artists Stevie Wonder and Tony Rebel in his debut album.
Steven Seagal Personal Life
As an ardent supporter of Vladimir Putin (President of Russia) and added ancestral roots from Russia, he was granted both Russian and Serbian citizenship in 2016. As a mark of respect for his support, the Russian government also appointed Seagal as a special and honorary envoy of Russia to the United States in 2018. On top of being a supporter of Vladimir Putin, he is also a supporter of the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet, Tenzin Gyatso.
In addition to such a diverse career, Steven Seagal is also an environmental activist and animal rights activist. He is also an entrepreneur he owns his brand of therapeutic oils and is endorsed by an energy drink brand.
Steven Seagal Fall From Grace
Although he has a diverse and long career, Seagal faced his share of downtimes as well. From the early 1990s, he faced multiple lawsuits and allegations against his name due to harassment and sexual abuse. Some of them include
Throughout the 1990s multiple women sued and accused Steven Seagal of sexual harassment and abuse. In many cases, Seagal opted for out-of-court settlements that cost him hundreds of dollars just so that his reputation stays intact. Moreover, many women also reported such cases, however monetary settlements were not required.
In 1995, Seagal was charged with discrimination, breach of contract, and sexual abuse from his colleagues. The lawsuit was filed during the filming of On Deadly Grounds. However, the then Superior Court Judge of Los Angeles dismissed the case since not much evidence was found and the claims were labeled as repetitive.
In 2010, a woman who worked with Seagal filed a lawsuit charging him for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and illegal women trafficking at the Superior Court of Los Angeles. She asked for more than a million dollars as part of the damages. While Seagal was not charged with anything serious, his show Steven Seagal: Lawman was suspended for a few months until the case was resolved. Over time, the woman withdrew the charges without stating a proper reason.
Again in 2011, a woman from Maricopa County, Arizona filed a lawsuit against Seagal accusing him of carrying heavy firearms and damages during a cockfight. She asked for nearly $100,000 as damages and a public apology from Seagal due to the death of her pet. However, the lawsuit was dismissed in 2013 after the woman could not produce the legal paperwork in time.
Apart from these lawsuits, Seagal faced multiple lawsuits and allegations from co-actors and other people in multiple cases in 2017, 2018, and 2020 where he was charged with federal violations.
Steven Seagal Family
Born to Jewish mathematics teacher Samuel Seagal (father) and Irish medical technician Patricia Anne Fisher (mother) on April 10th, 1952 in Lansing, Michigan. Seagal belongs to Russian descent from his father’s side. In a talk show, Seagal mentioned that his ancestors hailed from Vladivostok in Siberia and his roots can also be found in Belarus and Saint Petersburg.
As for his married life, this is how it panned out
- While in Japan, practicing and teaching martial arts, he had his first marriage with a Japanese native named Miyako Fujitani in 1975. He allegedly married Miyako Fujitani to avoid the draft practice in the United States during the Vietnam War. Steven worked as an aikido instructor at his father-in-law’s center. Seagal and Miyako also had two children Kentaro Seagal and Ayoko Fujitani. They ended their marriage after they filed for divorce in 1986.
- In 1984, Steven Seagal married an American actress named Adrienne La Russa. However, their marriage was annulled by the court of law in the same year, since his divorce from Miyako Fujitani was not filed and completed by then. Steven and La Russa did not have any children.
- In September 1987, after his divorce was finalized, Steven married another American model and actress named Kelly LeBrock. The duo met in Japan during Seagal’s early days around the 1980s. Due to constant fights and differences, the actress filed for their divorce in 1994. The couple had three children including Annalize Seagal, Dominick Seagal, and Arissa LeBrock Seagal.
- Seagal was reportedly involved in a scandalous affair with his and LeBrock’s children’s babysitter, Arissa Wolf. He had his sixth child with his girlfriend Wolf, named Savannah Seagal.
- After such turmoil in his personal life, he finally married Mongolian dancer Erdenetuya Elle Batsukh in 2009. The couple met long back in 2001 but married in 2009 and have been together since then. The couple, with their child Kunzang Seagall, live in Mandeville Canyon, Los Angeles.
What has Steven Seagal done?
Notable stars from the cinema world of Hollywood have stated that Steven Seagal had a long-lasting impact on this industry and continues to do so. Actor and film producer, Scott Adkins in a recent interview with Seagal said that he has never failed to impress his audience with his work, be it acting or directing in his four decades of journey within Hollywood.
Adkins also mentioned that Seagal’s charisma on-screen and off-screen is unmatchable. Not only does he captivate the audience with his immense acting skills, but he also shows moves that are quite difficult even for young actors. He also says that due to Seagal’s long-standing presence in the world of cinema and his skills with martial arts, he makes such a wonderful action star.
Apart from John Adkins, many popular stars in Hollywood have acclaimed Seagal’s work as influential and significantly impactful. As a director and producer, Seagal has worked in numerous films, most of which have been blockbusters.